problem

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Mon Nov 16 00:54:23 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 08:37:44AM +0000, Giulio Cesare vs Max said:
> Goodmornig,
> I have a problem with MacPorts-1.8.1,
> when I MacPorts-1.8.1
>  ./configure
> I get
> checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin9.8.0
> checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin9.8.0
> checking target system type... i386-apple-darwin9.8.0
> checking MacPorts version... 1.8.1
> checking for sw_vers... /usr/bin/sw_vers
> checking for defaults... /usr/bin/defaults
> checking for xcode-select... no
> checking Mac OS X version... 10.5.8
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cl.exe... no
> configure: error: in `/Users/mini16max/desktop/MacPorts-1.8.1':
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
> See `config.log' for more details.
> so I see 'config.log', but there is a error.
> I don't understand.
>  You can help me, thank you very much.

Sounds like you haven't installed Xcode (3.1.4 is latest for 10.5) which is
needed for MacPorts in general as well as to build MacPorts itself; see

<http://guide.macports.org/#installing>

Note that if you aren't doing anything out of the ordinary for configure,
you can install from the DMG instead:

<http://www.macports.org/install.php>

Bryan