macports 1.7.1 deprecated

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Nov 16 11:00:30 PST 2009

On Nov 14, 2009, at 8:07 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> and the small number of users still using Panther didn't justify the developer resources to restore it.

While that's true, it reads more like a company with dedicated developers making a decision.

If there were lots of people in the community who wanted to take responsibility for Panther (testing and patching things so they continue to work there), I think it's very likely that that work would be integrated ...

--
Daniel J. Luke