php.ini read only from /opt/local/var/db/php5

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Nov 17 15:33:52 PST 2009

On Nov 17, 2009, at 7:38 AM, Steve Edwards wrote:
> Scott Haneda wrote:
>> On Nov 16, 2009, at 10:55 PM, Steve Edwards wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using and Apache and PHP ports, a
>>
>> What version of Apache, and what version of php are you using?
>>
>> I am at php5 @5.3.0_1+apache2+macosx
>
> PHP 5.2.9 and Apache 2.2 on Snow Leopard

How did you et 5.2.9 on Snow Leopard?
Unless I am mistaken, you had to update to a 1.8 on snow Leopard to
get to run MacPorts on Snow Leopard, in which case you would have had
to follow:
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

ie: reinstall all ports.
I am pretty sure php 5.2.9 is not available as in install to 1.8
MacPorts.

>> I wonder what your 'with-config-file-path' is set to.  Even going
>> to back 5.2.10, the phpinidir is set to the same,http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/lang/php5/Portfile?rev=53529
> Mine are:
> '--with-config-file-path=/opt/local/etc/php5'
> '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/opt/local/var/db/php5'

That looks ok to me.

>> Please add the variants you need, and backup and move aside any ini
>> or other config files that you may want t keep around.
>
> I only want 5.2, not 5.3.  Can I install a port with just that
> version?

You would have to follow these instructions:
http://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories
Locate the 5.2 PortFile and support files, put them in our local repo,
and install them from there. I do not think there is a big push to
keep and maintain older port files.

The idea is to deactivate the old one, install the new one, if
something goes wrong, I think you deactivate the new one, and
reactiate the old one.

Why do you not want to use 5.3, it is quite stable, and addresses a
number of security issues and enhancements.