Uninstalling port that is missing on the filesystem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 20 00:12:49 PST 2009

On Nov 19, 2009, at 17:57, Tim Visher wrote:

> I used port to install transmission and then have been updating from
> within Transmission since then.

In-app auto-update is not an appropriate feature for software installed with MacPorts ("port upgrade" is the only way we want users upgrading ports). Please file a ticket for transmission requesting that its auto-update feature be disabled.

> That means that the filesystem no
> longer has what port thinks should be there.  I can't get it to
> uninstall because of a `realpath` error.

This problem will be fixed in MacPorts 1.8.2.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/22001