packages are active but not recognized

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Nov 27 16:03:25 PST 2009

On Nov 27, 2009, at 3:08 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2009, at 14:22, Brandon Allbery wrote:
>
>> On Nov 27, 2009, at 10:11 , tonyberber wrote:
>>> iMac24-3:~ administrator$ which gettext
>>> /sw/bin/gettext
>>
>> MacPorts doesn't know about and can't use Fink packages as
>> prerequisites.
>
> More importantly, having both Fink and MacPorts around at the same
> time will cause conflicts and problems sooner or later. You should
> decide which one you want to use, and remove the other.

Curious as to what problems? As long as you do not do prefix sharing
of /sw isn't MacPorts designed specificially with this type of
isolation in mind?

I suppose you would have to be very careful with your PATH, and I
would lean on none for installed binaries, using full paths so I
always know which app I'm using.

--
Scott
Iphone says hello.