32 bit compilation

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Nov 30 12:26:11 PST 2009

On Nov 30, 2009, at 14:02, Bardo Bakker wrote:

> I try to compile CGAL with "port" on my 64 bit mac.
> My qt libs are 32 bit.
> The compiler complains about this difference.
>
> I tried this:
>
> port install cgal -demos WITH_CGAL_Qt4=OFF CFLAGS=-m32
>
> Do you have a clue how to do it? Is the port-file altered by the options I give to port?

Bardo,

I'm sending this reply to the macports-users list, where any further discussion should occur.

Users are not meant to specify configure options on the command line, and doing so in the way you're trying will have no effect. Ports are meant to install correctly without the need to specify additional options.

How did you compile your qt libs to be 32-bit? The approved way to change the architecture of port compilation is to set build_arch in macports.conf. But since this is a new option, not all ports support this.