32 bit compilation

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Nov 30 13:43:13 PST 2009

On Nov 30, 2009, at 15:34, Bardo Bakker wrote:

> I changed macports.conf and set build_arch as i386.

> :info:build ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libgmpxx.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> :info:build ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libmpfr.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> :info:build ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libgmp.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> :info:build ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libboost_thread-mt.dylib, file is not of required architecture

If you changed build_arch to i386 after already installing boost, gmp, and mpfr, that would explain it. All dependencies of the port you're now trying to install need to be built with the same architecture. It may be simpler to uninstall all ports, then set build_arch to i386, then install the ports you need again.

Another choice is to build the dependencies with the +universal variant so they're built for both 32-bit (i386) and 64-bit (x86_64) architectures.