Apache + php + gd not working at all - PARTIAL SUCCESS

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Oct 1 06:05:26 PDT 2009

On Oct 1, 2009, at 07:44, Viren Patel wrote:
> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Oct 1, 2009, at 07:16, Viren Patel wrote:
>>> I have also installed the php5-gd package but do not see the gd5
>>> module
>>> listed in the phpinfo() output. Are there special instructions for
>>> getting that capability?
>>
>> Does your php.ini contain a line beginning with "extension_dir"? If
>> so, remove it; it prevents the extensions from loading properly.
>
> The extensions_dir line in php.ini is commented out...

Ok, then that should be fine.

I do see gd information in my phpinfo:

$ php -r 'phpinfo();' | grep gd
/opt/local/var/db/php5/gd.ini,
gd
gd.jpeg_ignore_warning => 0 => 0

And the gd functions are present:

$ php -r 'echo (int)function_exists("imagecreate")."\n";'
1

Do you see the same?

I just updated the php5 port to 5.3.0_3; once this update gets
mirrored to the rsync server (about half an hour), please "sudo port
selfupdate" and "sudo port upgrade php5" to see if that helps.