php5 and sqlite

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 4 17:28:28 PDT 2009

On Oct 4, 2009, at 18:37, M. Brooks Clark wrote:

> I have installed php5 along with php5-sqlite. When I try to access a
> mysql database using PHP, however, I get an exception.
>
> The line to open the database is:
>
> $db = new PDO("sqlite:/opt/local/var/wview/archive/
> weatherAverages.sqlite");
>
> The exception I get is:
>
> "could not find driver"
>

> Am I missing something in my config files and/or is there something
> else I need to include in the php code?
>
> I'm running MacPorts v1.8.1 on Snow Leopard.

Does sqlite support show up in phpinfo, like this?

$ php -r 'phpinfo();' | grep sqlite
/opt/local/var/db/php5/sqlite.ini,
PDO drivers => mysql, odbc, oci, sqlite, sqlite2
pdo_sqlite
PECL Module version => 2.0-dev $Id: sqlite.c,v 1.166.2.13.2.9.2.22
2009/06/25 09:38:04 johannes Exp $
sqlite.assoc_case => 0 => 0
sqlite3
sqlite3.extension_dir => no value => no value

If not, check your php.ini for a line beginning with "extension_dir".
If you find one, remove it, as it can interfere with loading the
extensions.