error while installing molden

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Mon Oct 5 15:52:41 PDT 2009

It sounds to me like the port file was made targeting molden4.8.tar.gz
Perhaps the developer made a small change to 4.8 but did not increment
the version.

Since the distro changed, you are getting a mismatch on the hash of
the download.

It's also possible there is an error in the reference to the file. I
usually see files named as filename-versionnum.minor.ext. In this case
the dash or maybe a dot are not there.

So it could also be the file is simply not there, but the server
returns something that macports is downloading, also getting a hash
mismatch.

Try running with the -d flag to your install. That will give you a lot
more data to be able to see what is going on.

You can also enter "port edit molden" and find the download source and
version. Try to download the version manually and check the hash in
the terminal.

If I get a chance I'll see if I can look into it myself.
--
Scott
Iphone says hello.