cvs2svn dependencies

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Oct 8 16:23:36 PDT 2009

On Oct 8, 2009, at 7:11 PM, Darren Weber wrote:
> With reference to this page:
> http://cvs2svn.tigris.org/cvs2svn.html
>
> There are various run-time dependencies indicated under the title of
> "Requirements".  Are any of these included as dependencies in the
> MacPorts cvs2svn port?  (I don't see any.)

That page lists

1- python (which is a port dependency)
2- db library and python bindings (python26 port builds with db46 and
gdbm already)
3- gnu sort (comes with mac os x)

optionally can use rcs or cvs if you pass in appropriate options (and
you can pass the path to those binaries). both cvs and rcs are
included with Mac OS X (or you could install a macports version if you
wanted and point cvs2svn to them).

did you notice something broken?

> Also, is it possible to have a symlink or hardlink:
>
> /opt/local/bin/cvs2svn -> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/
> Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/cvs2svn

cvs2svn used to install to ${prefix}/bin but the python26 portgroup
sets prefix to ${frameworks_dir}/Python.framework/Versions/2.6

presumably this is so that one could install a cvs2svn against
python26 and one against another version of python...

Linking cvs2bzr, cvs2git, and cvs2svn to ${prefix}/bin would be one
possible solution ...

--
Daniel J. Luke