Install Error

Peter Hindrichs pth at ispnet.ca
Fri Oct 9 06:44:18 PDT 2009

On 2009-10-08, at 23:02 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 8, 2009, at 22:01, Peter Hindrichs wrote:
>
>> I did find this note in the Xcode Release notes:
>> Note: GCC 4.2 cannot be used with the Mac OS X 10.4u SDK. If you
>> want to build targets using the 10.4u SDK on Xcode 3.2, you must
>> set the Compiler Version to GCC 4.0
>> Not sure how to set the compiler version
>
> By adding the line "configure.compiler gcc-4.0" to the portfile.

First I must apologize for the excessive e-mails prior to doing
further research on my part. I have been able to get the
"CosmicDebris" portfile open with "TextWrangler" and insert the
"configure.compiler gcc-4.0" and save the file.
The result is the same when I try to install "CosmicDebris".

If I read correctly what Joshua Root wrote, then I am out of luck till
a 64-bit update is built.

I still have the question how would I get to the portfile via the
command line, this is still puzzling.

Thank you though, for your patience regarding what must be very basic
and obvious to all of you. I am learning more each day and that is my
goal here, to be more conversant with using the command line.

Peter