realpath failed -- error uninstalling ports

Dexter Douglas luomo1138 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 10 19:10:49 PDT 2009

Hello,

I added the debugging statement that you suggested.  Here is the output.

$ sudo port -f uninstall inactive
Password:
--->  Uninstalling coreutils @7.4_0
getting realpath for /opt/local/var/macports/software/coreutils/7.4_0/opt/local/bin/g[
Error: port uninstall failed: realpath failed: No such file or directory

$port installed shows
  coreutils @7.4_0
  coreutils @7.5_0
  coreutils @7.6_0 (active)

However, I looked in /opt/local/var/macports/software/coreutils.  I only see 7.5_0 and 7.6_0 directories.

I have found similar problems with some other ports.  For example,

$port installed name:zlib
  zlib @1.2.3_2
  zlib @1.2.3_3 (active)

but /opt/local/var/macports/software/zlib only contains 1.2.3_3.

How do I clean these up?

Thanks.