MacPorts privoxy and autostart on Snow Leopard

Damien Clauzel Damien at Clauzel.nom.fr
Mon Oct 12 08:10:50 PDT 2009

Le 12 oct. 2009 à 16:04, Peter Krefting a écrit :

> I switched my Privoxy installation over to use the MacPorts version
> because I had problems autostarting the "official" Mac version after
> upgrading to Leopard and Snow Leopard (I hacked around the autostart
> on Leopard, but it stopped working again).

I am using this plist for launchd.

It lives in /Library/LaunchDaemons/fr.nom.Clauzel.privoxy.plist and
starts automatically privoxy on startup.

___
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd
">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>

	<key>Label</key>
		<string>fr.nom.Clauzel.privoxy</string>

	<key>OnDemand</key>
		<false/>

	<key>ProgramArguments</key>
	<array>
		<string>/opt/local/sbin/privoxy</string>
		<string>--no-daemon</string>
		<string>/opt/local/etc/privoxy/config</string>
	</array>

	<key>RunAtLoad</key>
		<true/>

	<key>UserName</key>
		<string>privoxy</string>
	<key>GroupName</key>
		<string>privoxy</string>

	<key>ServiceDescription</key>
		<string>dClauzel privoxy serveur</string>
</dict>
</plist>
___

I know that some people use daemondo, but I have never see the point
of using this tool for managing processes; launched does everything
that is needed.

Cheers,
	Damien