testdisk. huh where is it?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 12 17:39:49 PDT 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 13:15, Peter J. Nachtigall wrote:

> sudo port install testdisk
> --->  Computing dependencies for testdisk
> --->  Fetching testdisk
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for testdisk
> --->  Extracting testdisk
> --->  Configuring testdisk
> --->  Building testdisk
> --->  Staging testdisk into destroot
> --->  Installing testdisk @6.11_0
> --->  Activating testdisk @6.11_0
> --->  Cleaning testdisk
> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
> sysutils/testdisk
> user:/> testdisk
> -bash: testdisk: command not found
> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
> sysutils/testdisk
> user:/> which testdisk
> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
> sysutils/testdisk
>
> What is wrong?

"port contents testdisk" should tell you exactly what it put on your
hard drive and where. In this case, you should find that the testdisk
program is in the directory /opt/local/sbin.

/opt/local/sbin should be in your PATH, just like /opt/local/bin is,
so I'm not sure why you didn't find it. What is your PATH set to? You
may want to adjust it.