Snow Leopard ate my ports

Alexy Khrabrov deliverable at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 10:03:11 PDT 2009

Well, I moved /opt/local to /opt/local-old prior to running the Snow
Leopard installer of the new MacPorts.  Now 'port installed' says that
no ports are installed.  Am I supposed to run the installer on top of
the existing /opt/local?

In general, I'd like a simple way to examine a former /opt/local and
list the ports which were there when it was "the" /opt/local...

Cheers,
Alexy