Perl Installation Issues

Blake Farman bfarman at cems.uvm.edu
Wed Oct 14 07:23:44 PDT 2009

Hello,

  I've had some trouble lately getting Perl to install properly with
macports (I need macports to install it since it's a dep for several
packages I wish to install).  I've included the output from port around
where the install hangs below.  I'm not sure why, but it seems that the perl
installer isn't looking anywhere for my c lib.  I know I have one, and I
even recently upgraded the perl install in my base system without any
troubles, but port can't seem to manage to figure things out.  I'm a recent
mac convert (coming from Gentoo) and I'm not terribly familiar with
macports, so I'm a little lost on how to fix this one myself.  If anyone
could give me some idea of how to fix this, I'd be eternally grateful.

--->  Computing dependencies for perl5..
--->  Configuring perl5.8
Operating system name? [sysv]
Operating system version? [9.8.0]
Installation prefix to use? (~name ok) [/opt/local]
Any additional ld flags (NOT including libraries)?
[-L/opt/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib]
Checking for GNU C Library...
Shall I use /usr/bin/nm to extract C symbols from the libraries? [y]
I can't seem to find your C library.  I've looked in the following places:

Thanks,

--
Blake Farman