kdelibs4.3.2

Dominik Reichardt domiman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 01:48:49 PDT 2009

> I was excite to see this released today, but I couldn't get it to
> compile. Does this error have to do with architecture mismatch again?
> If yes, what would be a quick remedy?
>
> As always, thanks in advance.
>
> Payam
>
> [mac0023329b341a:~] payam% sudo port install amarok +universal

I presume you are on Snow Leopard, if so, then the above is the first
culprit. kdelibs4 will not build on SL with the variant +universal set
(and since you are building amarok with universal, kdelibs inherit
this setting).
I opened a ticket for this last week: http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21946
And now that I thought about it I wonder if it even makes sense to
have the KDE stuff built with +universal. Other ports which are a
dependency of ports make sense to be built with +universal, but I
*think* KDEstufff is so self contained that building it in 64bit only
will harm.

Anyway, at the moment, kdelibs4 is still useless on SL even if built
without +universal. See http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21973
I haven't tried the latest patch that sharky attached. The one in the
port files is still crashing kdeinit all the time...

So don't bother to build that stuff until this issue is out of the
way....

--
Take care
Dominik