Path problems

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 17 13:40:32 PDT 2009

On Oct 17, 2009, at 15:23, Fabrizio Bartolomucci wrote:

> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

> configure:16745: checking for XML_ParserCreate_MM in -lexpat
> configure:16770: /usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -o conftest -O2 -arch x86_64 -I/
> opt/local/include -L/opt/local/lib conftest.c -lexpat   >&5
> ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.dylib, file is not of
> required architecture

Ok. Your libexpat is not of the required architecture. How did this
occur? Perhaps you were using Leopard, and had MacPorts installed, and
installed several ports including expat, and then you upgraded to Snow
Leopard, but you did not uninstall and reinstall all your ports? If
that's the case, please do that now. Read the Migration page for more
information.

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration