Unable to upgrade xorg-libX11

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 20 00:36:31 PDT 2009

On Oct 20, 2009, at 02:10, Giuseppe Di Matteo wrote:

> My system: iMac G4; OS X 10.4.11; XCode 2.5; MacPorts 1.8.1
> The problem when upgrading xorg-libX11(it seems that a pkgIndex file
> is missing somewhere):

No, the message about a pkgIndex file is not relevant, and I think the
relevant error message is not shown at all because it is more than 30
lines up. Please clean and try again with the debug flag and post the
whole output. Since this may be large, compress it first. You may also
wish to file this as a ticket in the issue tracker instead of posting
it to the mailing list.

sudo port clean xorg-libX11
sudo port -d install xorg-libX11