Gedit Gconf Socket path and RANDR Therrors at launch

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Oct 23 22:20:56 PDT 2009

On Oct 23, 2009, at 9:42 PM, Jasper Frumau wrote:

> How do I verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded?

This is the only one of your questions I know.  In your shell:
sudo launchctl list | grep 'freedesktop'

If it comes back empty, it is not loaded, if it comes back with a
result, it is, see the man page for what each column means.

You can load it with
sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-
session.plist

Or, if it has the disabled key set, which you can see by looking at
the file at the path listed below, you will need to add the -w flag to
write it enabled...
sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-
session.plist

Conversely, you can unload it, so that it will not reload even after a
reboot with
sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-
session.plist

The rest of your issues are beyond my knowledge, but if I had to wager
I guess, I would start googling how to resolve this error:
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-mo9MMj/:0".