Problems installing i386-elf-gcc on Snow Leopard

Björn Swift bjorn at swift.is
Mon Oct 26 16:45:58 PDT 2009

2009/10/26 Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org>:
> The open tickets about these ports that I was thinking of are:
> <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21411> (looks like the one you want)
> <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/18161>
> <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21706>
> <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21682> (looks like the other one)

I've updated tickets #21411, #21706 and #21682 - #18161 seems to be
something else.

> I found these using the "Ticket Search" link that is on the left of
> every trac page.

Yes, sorry about that. I'd seen these before, but then somehow forgot
and .. hmm.

> Better a partial patch submitted than none. The maintainer may be able
> to work out the rest of what needs to be done more easily once these
> initial problems are taken care of.

Fair enough. As I used the patches from the previous changesets to
other ports unchanged, I referred to those changesets instead of copy
pasting the patch.

>> Do you have any idea what could be causing the cc1 or crt0.o errors
>> described in my previous email?
>
> No, sorry.

Alright, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your time,