Link issue

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 28 16:21:30 PDT 2009

I am not really sure if this is a Macports issue, a specific port
issue, or something else entirely, but I figured I would ask here,
because maybe someone can help.

I just upgraded to a new Mac and also upgraded from 10.5 to 10.6.  I
did a reinstall of macports and my ports, as instructed on the
migration page.  One of the ports that I re-installed is qt4-mac.
The problem is now when I try to build sqliteman (an application that
uses qt4, but that doesn't yet have a port) I get a link error:

Linking CXX executable sqliteman
ld: library not found for -lcrt1.10.6.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [sqliteman/sqliteman] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sqliteman/CMakeFiles/sqliteman.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Now, I have found crt1.10.6.o in /usr/lib.  So it seems that something
is wrong in my search paths.  I also tried doing this before my build:
export LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:$LIBRARY_PATH

but I got the same error.  So it seems that for some reason some
combination of cmake, make and ld are not searching in the correct
location.  I was able to go back and look at my old machine and didn't
see anything in PATH or LIBRARY_PATH about /usr/lib either, so I am
not sure where this path should be indicated?  Is it set in an
environment variable, in qt, in cmake, in macports?
Is something wrong with Macports, qt4, cmake, XCode (I did upgrade
that to the newest as well), my .profile, something specific to
sqliteman?

It clearly is something that recently changed, but that could be going
to 10.6, or a new install of macports, or something else.  The one
thing that did not change is that I am actually using the identical
source code for sqliteman.

I am somewhat stumped, so figured I would ask.

Thanks for any suggestions,

--Adam