macports 1.8 upgrade from scratch: python build failed

Peter Koellner peter at asgalon.net
Tue Sep 1 15:03:38 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009, Joshua Root wrote:

> The wiki page says, "you will first need to install the base MacPorts
> system again, either from the appropriate disk image or from source."
> Did your port command still not work after doing that?

Yes, it worked after that, but then I tried the "automatic" method
until I ran into the library errors since going through variants lists manually
did not sound too inviting to me, and I got the feeling that there was
already much deprecated junk built up. Then I ran uninstall
installed to start from scratch.

I am now one step further after replacing the "uname -m" machine test
in python's configure with a "x86_64" string literal. Now it has some
problem in staging to destroot, not in building.

--
peter koellner <peter at asgalon.net>