report of Migration document edit

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 2 09:54:23 PDT 2009

On Sep 2, 2009, at 10:55, William Davis wrote:

> Removed the words "installed and" and the angle brackets from
> Automatic 1. command so the it now reads :
> sudo port -f uninstall  gawk grep gsed

Why? The instructions were correct before, and are now incorrect.

Before, port would only attempt to uninstall gawk, grep and gsed if
they are installed. Now, port will attempt to uninstall them even if
they are not installed, in which case an error will occur. If, say,
gawk was not installed, the error will be printed and port will exit
before attempting to uninstall grep and gsed.

I returned the document to its prior state.