Building php5 on Snow Leopard.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 2 17:48:08 PDT 2009

On Sep 2, 2009, at 16:11, pgbackup wrote:

> I'm on a Snow Leopard, running macports 1.8. I installed php5 as
> follows:
> sudo port install php5 +apache2+pear+mysql5
>
> Apparently, that didn't add in mysql support. To fix that, I had to
> install
> php5-mysql by saying "sudo port install php5-mysql +mysql5".

Right, between php5 @5.3.0_0 and @5.3.0_2 I have been moving features
which have either been available as variants or turned on by default
out of the php5 port and into separate module ports. This makes php5
smaller and faster to build and makes it easier to select what
features you want because you don't have to recompile php5 to add or
remove modules.

> How do I enable gd2 support, curl support, gettext etc?

[snip]

> In /opt/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626, I only
> see three
> extensions built:
> mysql.so     mysqli.so    pdo_mysql.so
>
> How do I build the rest?

Those extensions were installed by the php5-mysql port. To get gd2,
curl and gettext, install the ports php5-gd, php5-curl and php5-
gettext. There are many other php5-* module ports; check out "port
search php5" to see if you might want any of them.