O.T. Can I use my Mac Ports install to build odt2txt?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 2 22:56:09 PDT 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 00:43, Peter B. West wrote:

> On 03/09/2009, at 2:53 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Sep 2, 2009, at 23:46, Peter B. West wrote:
>>
>>> lydia:Desktop pbw$ sudo port sync
>>> Error: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing rsync
>>> port sync failed: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
>>
>> Ok, try the debug switch to find out why.
>>
>> sudo port -d sync
>>

> lydia:Desktop pbw$ sudo port -d sync
> DEBUG: Synchronizing ports tree(s)
> Synchronizing local ports tree from rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
> DEBUG: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
>  /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports
> rsync: failed to connect to rsync.macports.org: Connection refused
> (61)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at /SourceCache/rsync/
> rsync-37.3/rsync/clientserver.c(105) [receiver=2.6.9]
> Error: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing rsync
> DEBUG: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
>    while executing
> "mportsync [array get global_options]"
> port sync failed: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed

I assume you have been able to sync before? Has anything changed on
your network since then? Is the rsync port (873) blocked perhaps?

You may want to switch to using our new Australian mirror for your
ports. It might be faster. Once you get it working at all.

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Mirrors

If rsync just won't work on your network, you can switch to using a
Subversion working copy for your ports.

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/SyncingWithSVN