macports deleting my opt symlink

Dexter Douglas luomo1138 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 20:37:11 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have MacPorts installed in a separate partition with a symbolic link in / pointing to it.  I have never had a problem with this setup until I upgraded to 1.8.

Now whenever I encounter an error, my symbolic link is deleted.

$ sudo port upgrade libmp4v2
Password:
--->  Deactivating libmp4v2 @1.5.0.1_1
Error: Deactivating libmp4v2 1.5.0.1_1 failed: No such file or directory
$ port outdated
bash: /opt/local/bin/port: No such file or directory

Here my symbolic link to opt is missing.  When I recreate it, everything works.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks.