cairo fails to build.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Sep 6 05:54:16 PDT 2009

On Sep 6, 2009, at 07:21, Peter B. West wrote:

> lydia:Downloads pbw$ sudo port install cairo
> --->  Computing dependencies for cairo
> --->  Building cairo
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_cairo
> /work/cairo-1.8.8" && /usr/bin/make -j2 all " returned error 2
> Command output:   "_png_get_error_ptr", referenced from:
>     _png_simple_warning_callback in cairo-png.o
>     _png_simple_error_callback in cairo-png.o
>     _stream_read_func in cairo-png.o
>     _stream_write_func in cairo-png.o
>     _stdio_read_func in cairo-png.o
>     _stdio_write_func in cairo-png.o
> "_png_create_write_struct", referenced from:
>     _write_png in cairo-png.o
> "_png_destroy_read_struct", referenced from:
>     _read_png in cairo-png.o
> "_png_create_info_struct", referenced from:
>     _read_png in cairo-png.o
>     _write_png in cairo-png.o
> "_png_get_io_ptr", referenced from:
>     _stream_read_func in cairo-png.o
>     _stream_write_func in cairo-png.o
>     _stdio_read_func in cairo-png.o
>     _stdio_write_func in cairo-png.o
> "_png_set_read_user_transform_fn", referenced from:
>     _read_png in cairo-png.o
>     _read_png in cairo-png.o
> "_png_read_image", referenced from:
>     _read_png in cairo-png.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [libcairo.la] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Did you migrate from Leopard to Snow Leopard recently? If so, did you
rebuild all your ports as shown in the migration instructions?

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

If that's not the problem, please file a ticket in the issue tracker
and attach the full debug output so that I can see what's going on.