Trying to rebuild on 10.6

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Sep 6 13:58:01 PDT 2009

On Sep 6, 2009, at 15:11, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 06:49:56AM -0500, Ryan Schmidt said:
> [...]
>> php5 used to declare a dependency on tiff. I was unable to find any
>> part of php that actually used tiff so I recently removed the
>> dependency. If you are able to find out why the php5 port used to
>> have the tiff dependency, and it is still needed, I'm of course happy
>> to add it back in.
>
> That is most likely #13054:
>
> <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/13054>
>
> 'port dependents tiff' here also says php5 since I upgraded to 5.3.0
> from
> 5.2.whatever...

No no, I'm saying, as the current maintainer of the php5 port, I have
no idea why it ever declared a dependency on tiff. It was there when
the php5 port was initially added in r7760, likely having been copied
from the php4 port. It was added to the php4 port in r4061 as a result
of ticket #775 but I can't find any explanation of why the tiff
dependency was added. Perhaps the php software used the tiff library
at that time, but I can find no indication that it does now.