xorg-libX{cursor,inerama} build failures

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 7 14:52:19 PDT 2009

On Sep 7, 2009, at 12:42, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> % port version
> Version: 1.8.0
>
> % sudo port clean xorg-libXinerama
> --->  Cleaning xorg-libXinerama
> % sudo port -u upgrade xorg-libXinerama
> --->  Computing dependencies for xorg-libXinerama
> --->  Fetching xorg-libXinerama
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for xorg-libXinerama
> --->  Extracting xorg-libXinerama
> --->  Configuring xorg-libXinerama
> --->  Building xorg-libXinerama
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_xorg
> -libXinerama/work/libXinerama-1.0.99.1" && /usr/bin/make -j6 all "
> returned error 2
> Command output:       _XPanoramiXGetScreenSize in Xinerama.o
>      _XPanoramiXGetScreenCount in Xinerama.o
>      _XPanoramiXGetState in Xinerama.o
>      _XPanoramiXQueryVersion in Xinerama.o
>  "_XMissingExtension", referenced from:
>      _XineramaQueryScreens in Xinerama.o
>      _XPanoramiXGetScreenSize in Xinerama.o
>      _XPanoramiXGetScreenCount in Xinerama.o
>      _XPanoramiXGetState in Xinerama.o
>      _XPanoramiXQueryVersion in Xinerama.o
>  "__XRead", referenced from:
>      _XineramaQueryScreens in Xinerama.o
>  "__XFlush", referenced from:
>      _XineramaQueryScreens in Xinerama.o
>      _XineramaIsActive in Xinerama.o
>      _XPanoramiXGetScreenSize in Xinerama.o
>      _XPanoramiXGetScreenCount in Xinerama.o
>      _XPanoramiXGetState in Xinerama.o
>      _XPanoramiXQueryVersion in Xinerama.o
>  "__XEatData", referenced from:
>      _XineramaQueryScreens in Xinerama.o
>  "_XextFindDisplay", referenced from:
>      _find_display in Xinerama.o
>  "_XextAddDisplay", referenced from:
>      _find_display in Xinerama.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [libXinerama.la] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>
> With xorg-libXcursor I get a similar ld error, but other symbols
> aren't found.  I can post those details if needed.

I think we need to see the debug output to help with this. Normally
MacPorts only shows the last 30 lines of error, and it looks like
there was more output than that here. Please file a ticket in the
issue tracker, if one has not already been filed for this, and attach
the debug output, obtained this way:

sudo port clean xorg-libXinerama
sudo port -d install xorg-libXinerama 2>&1 \
| tee ~/Desktop/xorg-libXinerama.txt
bzip2 ~/Desktop/xorg-libXinerama.txt

Then attach xorg-libXinerama.txt.bz2 from your desktop to your ticket.