[MacPorts] #20773: Add zope2.10

Darren Weber dweber at macports.org
Tue Sep 8 12:53:16 PDT 2009

I'm curious about using Plone, which is currently at version 3.3.  I've
downloaded the "unified installer" from http://plone.org/products/plone and
I'll take a look at the content of that package to see what the latest
dependencies are (most likely they are satisfied by some MacPorts).
However, it appears the zope port is outdated.

Is anyone else working on the Zope port?  Is it a significant dependency of
many other ports that are in wide use now?  That is, what reason is there
for the zope port to be "outdated", if any?  Are there functional reasons,
politics, superceded software, or what?

Thanks,
Darren