system hosed?

Wolf Drechsel drechsel at verkehrsplanung.com
Wed Sep 9 01:59:50 PDT 2009

Hello everybody,

I'm quite new to macports and hardly know anything what it is all
about. But after some success with ffmpeg I'm looking for new
challenges. I tried to compile inkscape natively for aqua and had
trouble, especially with installing cairomm (http://trac.macports.org/
ticket/21230)

As adviced I reinstalled macports from scratch - but this seems not
to resolve the issue - I get the same result as before:

dsl01:~ bub$ lipo -info /usr/bin/tee
lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /usr/bin/tee

dsl01:~ bub$ tee -xyz
-bash: /usr/bin/tee: cannot execute binary file

Can somebody give me some dummie-proof advice?

Thanks and greetings,

Wolf