Upgrading to Snow Leopard makes my programs no longer link to ports

Paul Dennis Simonson psimonso at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 9 13:29:07 PDT 2009

I tried "file libfreeimage.dylib" and "lipo -info libfreeimage.dylib"
and they both said it is of x86_64--no mention of i386.  I guess I
will have to try it on some other ports to know whether this happens
for all ports.

I still do not understand why I get warning messages about foo.dylib
when I am linking to foo.a.  Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks,
Paul