PHP 5.3 error with apache 2.2.11 (worker mode mpm)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 10 17:25:19 PDT 2009

On Aug 2, 2009, at 00:21, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>    And, if you enable "worker-mode mpm" variant in apache 2.2.X
>> every php module will be compile with thread-safe flag (aka zts),
>> this is same as FreeBSD ports.
>
> Hmm, I see. I don't know much about FreeBSD ports. I've never tried
> anything other than the default mpm for apache2.

I have now been able to verify that trying to build php5 with both the
+apache2 and +fastcgi variants does not work when apache2 is compiled
with the +workermpm variant.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21281

I believe my solution will be to prevent installation of php5 when
apache2 is not compiled with its default +preforkmpm variant.

> Curiously, the apache2 port doesn't define its mpm variants very
> well. I'll file a ticket about that.

This was fixed:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20516