Apache 2 - am I doing it wrong?

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Sep 11 16:26:31 PDT 2009

On Sep 11, 2009, at 4:03 PM, Chris Janton wrote:

> On 2009-09-11 , at 12:09 , Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>>> I use apachectl graceful a *lot* and have not ever had difficulty
>>> with launchctl (mysql, a different story)
>>
>> Care to share the MySql issues?
>
> I have the mysql data and logs split entirely different volumes.
> Logs on /, data on /Volumes/data, innodb in separate files.
>
> Sometimes the data volume is not ready when mysql starts, so it
> exits due to lack of data files.
> I have to check after each reboot.
>
> Since Snow Leopard that hasn't been a problem.

While Snow has solved this for you, I wonder if this would be a valid
approach;
<key>WatchPaths</key>
  <array>
    <string>/Volumes/mysql/data</string>
  </array>

I believe this would then launch mysql when the volume was up. A
second plist would do the keeping mysql up part, which would be told
to wait a little while before the first launch.

Or, hmm, mysqld_safe5 is just a script, you could source in a if ! -d /
Volumes/mysql/data exit;  Launchd would just keep trying until it came
up.

I may be way off, but it may also be worth a try as well.