ffmpeg - can't deactivate

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Sat Sep 12 07:17:44 PDT 2009

On 2009-09-12 , at 00:05 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Well, like it says above, edit the receipt and flip the active bit.
> Receipts are in
>
> /opt/local/var/macports/receipts/
>
> On my system, I have only one ffmpeg installed:
>
> $ port installed ffmpeg
> The following ports are currently installed:
>  ffmpeg @0.5_4+darwin_10 (active)
>
> And my ffmpeg receipt is in
>
> /opt/local/var/macports/receipts/ffmpeg/0.5_4+darwin_10/receipt.bz2
>
> Using TextWrangler 3.0, I can edit bz2-compressed files directly by
> typing

OK - I can use BBEdit to do that - saves a lot of time - neat trick

Edit /opt/local/var/macports/receipts/ffmpeg/0.5_3/receipt.bz2
  change active 1 to active 0

port installed ffmpeg
   ffmpeg @0.5_3
   ffmpeg @0.5_3+darwin_10 (active)
   ffmpeg @0.5_4+darwin_10

> So edit the receipt of one of your active ffmpegs and make it
> inactive. Then use "port uninstall" to uninstall all ffmpegs that
> you have installed. Then, if desired, reinstall the ffmpeg you want.

That works just fine - uninstalled all of the ffmpeg, then installed
the latest.

Thanks for the pointers.

8)