installation failed

Peter B. West lists at pbw.id.au
Sun Sep 13 21:35:13 PDT 2009

On 14/09/2009, at 9:53 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2009, at 18:30, andi c wrote:
>
>> Hi, below I've listed my terminal output when trying to install an
>> outdated port. All those trouble started with Snowlopard. After
>> installing it, MacPort didn't
>> work anymore. Installed the latest MacPort version for SnowLeopard
>> but no luck. I have several outdated ports, but the output is
>> almost the same for all
>> of them.
>

> Follow the Migration procedure to rebuild all your ports:
>
> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
>

>> I didn't change my .profile because it worked perfect prior to
>> SnowLeopard. Anyway, here is just the path bit:
>> export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/lib/mysql5/:/
>> usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:$PATH
>

> Remove /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin from your PATH. Having
> things installed in /usr/local can confuse MacPorts and I recommend
> you remove anything that's there.

In /usr/local/bin I have cisco vpn_client, wireshark, oodiff, some tcl
binaries and gfortran. The oodiff I dropped in there as a convenient
location on the PATH, but I don't remember the provenance of the tcl
or gfortran. In /usr/local I have mysql, 5.1.35 and 5.1.37.

Everything except the oodiff would have been placed there as part of
the maker's distribution.

I assume you would recommend replacing the mysql (64 bit
distributions) with the MacPorts versions. I also have a
MySqlWorkbench.app in Applications. I can't remember where that came
from, but I assume it will continue to work with a MacPorts mysql.

Peter