hellanzb xmlrpc

Carson H. haloris-ports at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 02:16:11 PDT 2009

On 14 sept. 2009, at 02:00, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2009, at 11:50, Carson H. wrote:
>
>> hellanzb -- installed with MP 1.8 under Snow Leopard -- grabbed
>> some files successfully,
>> however XML RPC seems to be broken (tried these commands: shutdown,
>> list, status).
>>
>> Anyone else experiencing this ?
>
> I don't know what hellanzb is or how it is used. Could you post the
> exact steps (e.g. commands) needed to reproduce this issue, so that
> others can test for it on their systems?

It's a nzb grabber written in python (no longer in development, see www.hellanzb.com
).

In MP 1.8 it depends on python26 and py26-twisted -- my python26 comes
from macports, not Apple.

In Terminal start the daemon (the default config file is /opt/local/
etc/hellanzb.conf):
 >> hellanzb.py

I could grab some files successfully.
Then try to say, shut it down by sending a shutdown command in another
window:
 >> hellanzb.py shutdown

It hangs (it worked in Leopard before MP 1.8).

I sent an email to the maintainer.
By the way for those interested in an another nzb grabber there is a
newer project called SABnzbd+
(www.sabnzbd.org)