10.6 - macports 1.8 - openmotif - fails to configure

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Mon Sep 14 09:23:20 PDT 2009

On 2009-09-13 , at 16:57 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2009, at 09:45, Chris Janton wrote:
>
>> sudo port -d -v upgrade openmotif
>> --->  Configuring openmotif
> [snip]
>> checking for flex... flex
>> checking lex output file root... configure: error: cannot find
>> output from flex; giving up
> [snip]
>> mac 42 # port installed | grep flex
>> flex @2.5.35_0 (active)
>
> I just upgraded openmotif to 2.3.2 yesterday, and I did so on Snow
> Leopard, with flex @2.5.35_0+universal installed. So I don't know
> why it should be failing for you.
>
> Does your flex work? If you upgraded from Leopard, did you rebuild
> it after doing so (wiki:Migration)?

I installed a brand new MacPorts 1.8 in a new /opt/local
Installed all ports by hand. I did not install anything with
+universal (didn't in the past, either)

mac 5 # flex -n
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib
   Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/flex
   Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/opt/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
Trace/BPT trap

mac 6 # port provides /opt/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib is provided by: gettext

mac 7 # port installed | grep gettext
   gettext @0.17_4 (active)
   p5-locale-gettext @1.05_0 (active)

mac 9 # sudo port install gettext +universal
--->  Computing dependencies for gettext
--->  Fetching gettext
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for gettext
--->  Extracting gettext
--->  Applying patches to gettext
--->  Configuring gettext
--->  Configuring gettext for architecture x86_64
--->  Configuring gettext for architecture i386
--->  Building gettext
--->  Building gettext for architecture x86_64
--->  Building gettext for architecture i386
--->  Staging gettext into destroot
--->  Staging gettext into destroot for architecture x86_64
--->  Staging gettext into destroot for architecture i386
--->  Installing gettext @0.17_4+universal
--->  Deactivating gettext @0.17_4
--->  Activating gettext @0.17_4+universal
--->  Cleaning gettext
mac 10 # flex -n
<stdin>:1: premature EOF

Looks like there are some things that I *must* install +universal? (or
*must not* install +universal)?

Or I somehow got my "clean" /opt/local messed up.

I'm going to "re-do" the whole MacPorts installation from the ground up.

8)