How to install Perl modules

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Sep 14 19:17:32 PDT 2009

On 2009-09-15 01:26 , Scott Haneda wrote:
> Was not aware of this.  Is this supposed to be in macports?  I do not
> find it.  What prevents ports from ripping through every single perl
> module and with this and getting them all in and opened as tickets, so
> people can test them for working or not?

As far as I know cpan2port is still unfinished and rather a proof of
concept. Volunteers for developing this tool would be appreciated (with
a little bit of perl knowledge required)!

<http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/macports/contrib/cpan2port/>

Note there is also a script with the same name for MirPorts, maybe that
can be helpful:

<https://www.mirbsd.org/cvs.cgi/ports/infrastructure/scripts/cpan2port?rev=HEAD>

FOSDEM 2009 slides about this script:
<http://www.slideshare.net/bsiegert/painless-perl-ports-with-cpan2port>