Error Building openssl

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 14 23:23:26 PDT 2009

On Sep 14, 2009, at 23:34, edwin sandoval wrote:

> I found the next errors when I try to install opessl.
>
> Can anyone help me with the next issue?
>
> sh-3.2# port -d install openssl
>
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_openssl
> /work/openssl-0.9.8i" && /usr/bin/make all " returned error 2
> Command output: ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libz.dylib, file is
> not of required architecture

[snip]

openssl is trying to build for a different architecture than your zlib
is installed for.

what architecture is zlib installed for?

what architecture are you trying to build openssl for?

if you upgraded from leopard to snow leopard, did you rebuild all
ports as in the migration wiki page?

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration