system hosed?

Wolf Drechsel drechsel at verkehrsplanung.com
Tue Sep 15 05:21:24 PDT 2009

@ David Corking

Hello David,

thanks for Your caring.

I think the reinstall worked fine, now I get:

dsl01:~ bub$  lipo -info /usr/bin/tee
Non-fat file: /usr/bin/tee is architecture: ppc
dsl01:~ bub$ le /usr/bin/tee
-bash: le: command not found
dsl01:~ bub$ file /usr/bin/tee
/usr/bin/tee: Mach-O executable ppc
dsl01:~ bub$  tee -xyz
tee: illegal option -- x
usage: tee [-ai] [file ...]

Looks like it should, doesnt it?

To be precise, I could install Leopard on my G4 - but as it is a
Sawtooth, there would be some tricking. And I do not see the really
big advantage, I'll try to stay with tiger as long as possible.

BTW.: I love "PinkPanther" - allthough it would be the right name for
10.4, as it followed the "non-pink-panther". What about "Tiger-in-the-
tank" - or is there not such a saying in English?

Greetings,

Wolf