Macports and CPAN

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Tue Sep 15 08:51:15 PDT 2009

On 2009-09-10 , at 12:26 , Scott Haneda wrote:

> I am going to try to make this port for you.
> First you will need to set up your own local repo as per this doc:
> http://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories

Thanks! Once I got my macports back into shape for Snow Leopard
(complete rebuild from square one - works fine now) I started
working on this.

I made a local repository and used

  http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/macports/contrib/cpan2port/cpan2port

to create the PERL portfiles that i needed. Fixed a few dependencies
and voila, I have p5-astro-satpass happily installed in my local Ports
directory. No conflicts with anything. Don't need to mess with Apple
supplied PERL. Back to using "#!/usr/bin/env perl"

Note that I did have to install a number of p5-modules to get
cpan2port/cpan to behave nicely with no error messages.

What I find most happily is that I don't have to do any cpan-like
activity from an admin account. The whole set of local ports belongs
to a non-admin user. More comfortable for me.

8)