unable to upgrade apache2 on snow leopard

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Sep 15 16:18:58 PDT 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 11:59, David Evans wrote:

>> libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
>> libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
>
> I got this error when building exiv2 on Leopard.  It persisted
> for months until I did a forced clean and reinstall of libtool.

Yes, it sounds like the compiler used to build libtool is not the same
compiler that was used to build the program you're building now (e.g.
apache2). This is likely if you're upgrading, since libtool will have
been built with /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 but you are now trying to build
apache2 with /usr/bin/gcc-4.2. Maybe we need to specially mention
libtool in the Migration page as well.