Updating Perl

Mark Anderson emer at emer.net
Tue Sep 15 18:09:24 PDT 2009

One of the things I have done is made soft links in /opt/local/bin
from all the -5.10 programs to their real names; Tricks a lot of the
ports to just build without building perl5.8.  However, this can and
probably will mess a bunch of stuff up for you later and/or now.  All
l can say is it has worked well enough for me while I wait for the
fixes.

Mark