php and apache not working

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 16 23:02:53 PDT 2009

On Sep 17, 2009, at 00:55, Scott Haneda wrote:

> Hmmm, never had this issue before:
> /opt/local/bin/php /opt/local/apache2/htdocs/test.php
> That works and parse the echo phpInfo() I have in the file.

> enabled apache...
> $grep php httpd.conf
> LoadModule php5_module        modules/libphp5.so
> That is the php that is in /opt/local
>
> I have restarted apache2 on a few occasions.

Check out the MAMP howto in the wiki. You probably forgot to load the
extra php configuration file into your Apache conf.

> * also, what is "preforkmpm"

Apache is available with three "MPM"s -- multiprocessing modules. The
default is the "prefork" MPM and is the one you should use if you want
to use PHP. The Apache documentation goes into more detail about MPMs.

> ** Can I uninstall mysql5 and just leave mysql5-server, I thought I
> had in the past.

No. mysql5 is the MySQL libraries and programs. mysql5-server is just
the launchd plist used to start the server.