[Bulk] Re: older macports perl XS module linking issues after Snow Leopard Install.

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 21 07:14:30 PDT 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 7:46 AM, Mark Blackman wrote:

> On 21 Sep 2009, at 12:41, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> The correct fix when upgrading from one major OS version to another
>> is to uninstall all ports and reinstall them. See the Migration
>> page in the wiki:
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
>
> I thought you might say something like that. :)
>
> I'm a bit short of time to recompile that many gigabytes for
> now, but I'll plan for that in the near future.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

I had good luck with
sudo port -u upgrade --enforce-variants installed

You might want to leave off -u which deletes the prior version after
deactivating it.

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X ver 10.6 Darwin 10.6
XQuartz 2.3.4 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple45)
Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz

Mundus vult decepi, ego non