KDE4 mess on Snow Leopard

Dominik Reichardt domiman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 08:04:17 PDT 2009

Hi all,
I'm currently trying to build Krusader and it is proving to be a
tiresome thing to do.
All the dependencies are crazy.
A lot of things are broken when you choose to install "krusader
+universal", so that path has proven to be fruitless.

Not building universal these dependencies still have major problems
(but they are recorded in the tracker and "just" need some hacks to
keep on compiling)
- cmake has problems
- strigi has problems
- kdelibs4 has major problems
- kdepimlibs4 can't be fetched since KDE cleaned their ftp because of
the 4.3.1 release (I had to cheat and grab the package elsewhere)

All that I somehow managed to fix to finally fail at the last
dependency kdebase4-runtime.

/usr/bin/g++-4.2  -O2 -arch x86_64  -fno-common -Woverloaded-virtual -
fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -O2 -DNDEBUG -
DQT_NO_DEBUG -dynamiclib -headerpad_max_install_names -single_module -
multiply_defined suppress -L/opt/local/lib -o ../lib/
libkdeinit4_kglobalaccel.dylib -install_name /opt/local/lib/
libkdeinit4_kglobalaccel.dylib CMakeFiles/kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/
kdeinit_kglobalaccel_automoc.o CMakeFiles/kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/
main.o CMakeFiles/kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/kglobalacceld.o CMakeFiles/
kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/component.o CMakeFiles/
kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/globalshortcut.o CMakeFiles/
kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/globalshortcutsregistry.o CMakeFiles/
kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/globalshortcutcontext.o CMakeFiles/
kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/kglobalaccel_mac.o -L/opt/local/lib /opt/
local/lib/libkdeui.5.3.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libkdecore.5.3.0.dylib -
F/opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/lib -framework QtDBus -F/opt/local/libexec/
qt4-mac/lib -framework QtCore -lpthread -framework Carbon -F/opt/local/
libexec/qt4-mac/lib -framework QtSvg -F/opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/lib -
framework QtGui
/opt/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /opt/local/var/macports/
build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_kde_kdebase4
-runtime/work/build/CMakeFiles  1 2
[  2%] Built target kdeinit_kglobalaccel
make: *** [all] Error 2

Warning: the following items did not execute (for kdebase4-runtime):
org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot
org.macports.install

After this error I can rerun the command and it will fail somewhere
else (knotify), then again at another point (kdeinit_kuiserver) and so
on until it comes full circle to this problem.
I haven't filed a bug report yet, because I'm entirely not sure
whether the problem is not sitting behind the desk.
Anyone got some ideas what is going wrong, or what I'm doing wrong (or
make a better bug report - I did built with the -v option and have
that saved to text, attaching it to the ML is not the best thing,
though, it seems).

Thanks

Dominik

My system, iMac, core2duo, 8GB Ram, Snow Leopard 10.6.1 32-bit