Problems installing policykit on Snow Leopard

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 23 19:21:05 PDT 2009

On Sep 23, 2009, at 13:48, Adam Olsen wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2009, at 13:36, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Sep 23, 2009, at 12:58, Adam Olsen wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to install a package that depends on policykit, but
>>> policykit fails to install.  It simply hangs after it's done
>>> building.
>>>
>>> If I run "port -v -d install policykit", the build appears to
>>> complete, but the installation fails at this part:
>>>
>>> /opt/local/bin/xsltproc -nonet
>>> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
>>> polkit-action.xml
>>>
>>> It appears to be using no CPU, and I've left it doing this for a few
>>> hours with no results.  What do I need to do to get this to install?
>>
>> It is presumably trying to download the file at the above-indicated
>> URL. Are you able to download that file in a web browser or is
>> there perhaps some network connectivity issue?
>>
>> Ports shouldn't be downloading files outside of the fetch phase,
>> but I'm not sure how to prevent policykit from doing so in this
>> case -- but I haven't looked into it either. If anybody has
>> suggestions, let us know.
>
> From the manpage of xsltproc:
>
> --nonet
>  Do not use the Internet to fetch DTDs, entities, or documents

It appears to me that there is a difference between "--nonet" which is
listed in the manpage and "-nonet" which is actually being used here.
This discrepancy has been previously noted in this ticket:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/19784

The port hanging at installation is something I am now experiencing as
well, and it is already reported in this ticket:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21578